Sunday, December 20, 2009
Cody's fight w/ a display stand at Fry's
This picture is a little blury; the bleeding has finally stopped.
We were at Fry's and apparently Cody jumped on Cameron and he fell backwards and hit his head on a display shelf. I was holding him and I didn't realize it was anything more than a bump. One of the pharmacy workers came over and told me that he was bleeding and I realized my hands were full of blood-a little scary. They called 911 and the EMT's came and bandaged him up. They said that because the bleeding had slowed down, even if they transport him to the ER they would've sent him to Urgent Care for stitches so I decided to drive him to urgent care myself. All of the kids were crying because they were scared. Kris was called by somebody but didn't give him any information other than the impression that Cameron and Caitlin were at Fry's alone because I had to go w/ Cody in the ambulance. He made it to the urgent care before I did-lucky he didn't get a ticket on the way. Our good friend met me at Fry's and took Caitlin. I am so greatful to have people to call in an emergency. Cody ended up getting 5 staples in his head which need to stay in for 8 days. We have a friend w/ a staple remover so at least he shouldn't need to go back there to have them removed. No anesthetic and he did so well, he cried but took it like a champ.
Cameron took this pic in the car on the way there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh man poor guy. I hope it heals quickly. If you ever need anything you can always call, were not to close but if you dont mind waiting for 15 min I would come!
ahhh, poor cody. sounds like a scary fry's visit! i'll make sure and tell tate all about it and show him the pics too! will he still have the staples at new years?
Poor little guy!!! Let us know if you need any more help or follow-up....
Poor Cody!! What a brave little man! Who knew going to Fry's could be so dangerous!!!!
Post a Comment