Tuesday, December 1, 2009
ELF on a SHELF
My friend has used the Elf on a Shelf with her kids for a couple of years now and she loves it. She bought it for us last year so I was excited to get it out and start this new tradition w/ my kids. Last night I took the little elf out of his home in a box and set him up on the shelf. Nobody seemed to notice it all day so after baths and dinner tonight I told the kids I had a surprise for them. I told them it had been sitting there all day and Cameron was surprised that he hadn't seen it. He asked Cody and Cody said "yeah, I saw him just sitting there doing nothing all day" They were very excited, so we sat down and read the story about this little elf and how he is Santas helper and he flies back to Santa every night to report on the kids behavior and any wishes that they may have. You get to pick a name for your elf and the kids chose "Scooby". You are not allowed to touch him and every morning he will be in a new location. So here is where the story gets funny.
I opened up the book to the first page and right away Cody says "this looks like a very boring story"Cameron was interested though. So we read the story and half way through Cody says " he is not going to fly to Santa, he is just a fake doll sitting on our counter" So I finally make it to the end of the story and Cameron is about to talk to Scooby and he says "mom he is so not a real elf, he has a tag coming out of his butt" After I finished laughing so hard and wipe the tears from my face I try to explain to him that maybe he puts his pants on inside out like Cody and Caitlin sometimes. Well, I am not sure if they really believe in this friendly little elf named Scooby but hopefully they will at least pretend to in order to start a fun tradition. Cameron has already told Scooby that he wishes for a hotwheel toy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that is hilarious! i' ve heard about elf on a shelf from several people, but haven't had one.... sounds fun!
Oh man thats great, kids will say exactally what they think!! So funny. I should try that too! Where did you get yours?
Post a Comment