Sunday, January 17, 2010
5K
So, a friend of mine had a flyer on her fridge about an upcoming 5K for her daughters school. I asked her if she was going to participate in it and she said she was thinking about it and I told her I would do it with her. Neither of us has run in a VERY long time and this run was to take place the following weekend. We only did one 3 mile run/walk the next day. The day of the race which was yesterday was a little cold in the morning so we had lots of layers on. I know this isn't very far but if you aren't used to running it is VERY far. I did manage to run almost the entire thing but I did walk for about 1/2 mile. It was a fun time though and I would love to try and do more of them. It will be a good motivator to try and beat my time-shouldn't be to hard it was not good at all. We had somebody take a pic of us but unfortunately I didn't check my camera to see how it turned out and I think she had pushed the power button and turned it off instead of taking a picture. There is an upcoming 1 mile in March that I want to do w/ Cameron. He is excited to try and do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thats awesome Amy! When and where is the next race, and what is it for? Sounds fun!
What a great way to start! I need to find a race (and a friend) like that to get me started.
Awesome Amy! Anytime you want to run, give me a call!
Post a Comment